Search This Blog

Thursday 22 December 2011

Paw it forward!

As I reflect on the past few weeks and the preparation it takes to ensure that I am prepared for the holiday season, I am reminded of my favorite saying "a dog owns nothing, yet is seldom dissatisfied." I've spent so much time and energy both stressing over and enjoying the hustle and bustle of shopping for my loved ones that I haven't stopped to think about how I can give back. Here's my list of how you can try to give back this year:
1) Adopt: Here I go again. If you are thinking about bringing home a new pet this year, make sure you visit your local humane society first. I will include a featured adoptable dog from the LCHS at the end of this posting.
2) Recycle: If you have gently used collars, leashes, toys, beds, blankets or any type of pet related item that you don't have a use for anymore, bring it to your local animal shelter!
3) Volunteer: Apply to spend some time getting to know the animals at your local shelter. Volunteering to dog walk during the week is a great way to boost your fitness level.
4) Donate: Consider sponsoring an adoptable pet or making a donation to your local SPCA.
As promised, here is an adoptable dog that is up for adoption: 
Lilith, 5 years, Female, German Shepherd
Hi, I'm a very sweet, but a little shy, girl who is also very smart! I know how to sit and shake a paw. I'm also quite the chatter, and of course I love to cuddle! I also love playing games like chase and hide and seek, and I am happiest when I am in the company of my favourite humans. I would love to go to a nice relaxed and quiet househould where I will be the only dog. Lilith's Meet Your Match personality: Wallflower Shy yet charming canine searching for patient owner with relaxed lifestyle. Looking for gentle guidance to help me come out of my shell. Treat me sweet and kind and Ill blossom.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21580776

No comments:

Post a Comment